So last year round about this time, we did a fantabulous readalong of A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving for the first #EstellaProject! This year we’re tackling East of Eden, by John Steinbeck!
Our readalong will “begin” on July 21 with the following discussion schedule:
- Monday, July 28 – Chapter 1-13
- Monday, August 4 – Chapters 14-27
- Monday August 11 – Chapters 28-40
- Monday, August 18 – Chapters 41-end
Every week we’ll provide a questions, a spot to link up your discussion from your blog, OR you can participate by discussing in the comments. Feel free to deviate from the schedule and post as you can or you may decide to wait until the end! We’re totally easygoing!
Hashtag #EstellaProject on Twitter and we’ll check on ya from time to time!
Now, let’s get dusty!
Note: this is a sticky post and will remain at the top o’the page for easy access until the event is over!
That’s right, kids. It’s time for the big reveal! THESE are the books you nominated for the Summer 2014 #EstellaProject! Now all you have to do is:
- Read one, two, or three of these babies between June 1 and September 1
- Link your review(s) up right here as you finish
- For each book you read, review and link up, you will gain one entry toward the prize drawing.
- These can be first-time reads or re-reads with newly-written reviews, but please don’t pull old reviews for books you’ve already read. That’s cheating!
Prize? What prize?
A $20 book of your choice from the BookDepository (or a $20 egift card of your choice from an online book retailer).
Now….THE books! These are the titles you’ve chosen for the #EstellaProject Season Two reading pool:
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice
- The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy
- Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- The Doll Maker by Harriette Simpson Arnow
- The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas
- Bitter in the Mouth of Monique Truong
- Solomon the Peacemaker by Hunter Welles
- The Gate to Women’s Country by Sheri S. Tepper
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
- The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand
- Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- Let the Right One in by John Ajvide Lindqvist
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
- Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
- Complete by Lindy Zart
- 60 Postcards by Rachael Chadwick
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Shades by Brian Schwarz
- 11-22-63 by Stephen King
- Courting Greta by Ramsey Hootman
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
- Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Lust for Life by Irving Stone
- Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck
- Love Minus Eighty by Will McIntosh
We’ll see you back here as you progress! Have fun!