You guuyyyysss, I can’t believe we’re already on to epoch three and the conclusion of our Woman in White readalong! I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as Heather, Amanda, and myself. Without further ado, let’s discuss this thang!
1. How do you feel about the way this novel wrapped up? Too clean and tidy? Just right? How about Fosco’s tell-all confession?
2. Did you feel the characters got what they deserved in the end? Namely, Sir Percival. But also Marian? Fosco?
3. What do you think of Wilkie’s treatment of the ladies? Heather, Amanda, and I all sort of wondered if he was screwing with us at times. The sticks to convention but it also seemed a little tongue-in-cheek at times. Or maybe those are just our contemporary female sensibilities…and wishing.
4. Wild card! What other issues did you take note of in this epoch?
HOLY CRAP EPOCH TWO! Way to thrill!
So here we are. We’ve had another Epoch to get cozy with Laura, Marian, Sir Percival, Fosco and the bunch. What do we think?
1. Was the second epoch more successful for you than the first?
2. What do you think of ole Fosco? There were DEVELOPMENTS in this section that gave oodles more insight into his character, and things aren’t pretty.
3. What do you think of the relationship between Sir Percival and Fosco?
4. We touched on the literary ladies in the first Epoch. How do you feel about the developments in Marian’s and Laura’s character?
5. Go nuts! It’s a free-for-all! Tell us what’s on your mind.
Don’t forget to link up your own posts! We can’t wait to read ‘em! We’ll see you back here for the concluding discussion of Epoch Three on February 24!